Our Cookie Notice
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded to your device. Cookies contain uniquely generated references which are used to distinguish you from other users. They allow information gathered on one webpage to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing our Website to provide you with a personalised experience (like remembering your favourites) and provide us with statistics about how you interact with our (and sometimes third party) Website.
Cookies are not harmful to your devices (like a virus or malicious code) but some individuals prefer not to share their information (for example, to avoid targeted advertising).
1. DIFFERENT TYPES OF COOKIES
Session vs. persistent cookies: cookies have a limited lifespan. Cookies which only last a short time or end when you close your browser are called session cookies. Cookies which remain on your device for longer are called persistent cookies (these are the type of cookies that allow websites to remember your details when you log back onto them).
- First party vs. third party cookies: cookies placed on your device by the website owner are called first party cookies. When the website owner uses other businesses’ technology to help them manage and monitor their website, the cookies added by the other business are called third party cookies.
- Categories of cookies: cookies can be grouped by what they help the website or website owner do.
- Necessary cookies are cookies which help the website to run properly (when they are strictly necessary cookies it means their only function is to help the website work).
- Performance cookies help a website owner understand and analyse how website visitors use their website.
- Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, etc.
- Marketing cookies tailor online adverts to reflect the content you have previously browsed and help inform companies about your interests so they can show you relevant adverts.
- To track how visitors use our Website
- Record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website
3. WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
The cookies we use are:
|Cookie||Purpose||What it does||How long it lasts|
|Google Analyics||Tracking behaviour||Tracks user behaviour and enviroment||When user become inactive from website|
|HotJar||Tracking behaviour||Recorded pointer interaction||When user become inactive from website|
You can update your settings on our Website.
You can choose to decline cookies but if you turn off necessary cookies, some pages and functions on our Website may not work properly. You can also manage cookies through your browser settings or device settings (your user manual should contain additional information).
You can also delete cookies directly with the relevant third parties (for example, you can disable Google Analytics on their website).